Citrus Salad with Blood Orange + Tahini Dressing
This Citrus Salad is one of those things that will be a crowd pleaser no matter what season you make it in. But more between January to March because that's when all kinds of delicious citrus fruits are in season. When I started making this salad I was tempted to use just olive oil and make a "basic" dressing. But then I stumbled upon a long lost bottle of tahini..you know that corner on your kitchen shelf where things to die? that's where i found it. Thankfully, it was still good to use!
Also instead of cutting citrus supremes, I opted to slice them, way less work and I find that it makes the salad somewhat meatier. You can make the dressing ahead of time and then drizzle on at the last minute. The toasty notes of tahini go really well with the tangy citrus.
I am so happy that I kind of fell upon this recipe in my kitchen, also learnt that it is good to rotate the pantry every couple of weeks so that you use the things that get moved to the back, instead of letting them die.
CITRUS SALAD WITH BLOOD ORANGE TAHINI DRESSING
- 1 Grapefruit (peeled, sliced)
- 1 Navel oranges (peeled, sliced)
- 3 Blood oranges (peeled, sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp blood orange juice
- Hemp seeds for garnish
- a pinch of sea salt
- micro greens ( i used spinach)
- Peel the all the citrus except 1 blood orange (for dressing)
- Add blood orange + lime juice in a bowl and whisk in the tahini until fully incorporated
- Sprinkle some sea salt and set aside
- Arrange sliced citrus on a plate and drizzle dressing over it, garnish with micro greens or any peppery salad greens you like
- Sprinkle hemp seeds right before serving