- 4 c coconut milk or regular milk
- 6 cardamom Pods, crushed
- 1 star Anise
- 2 large Cinnamon Sticks, broken in half
- 4 cloves, whole
- 1½ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ inch piece fresh, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Honey
- Pour 4 cups of the coconut milk or regular milk into a pot
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the maple syrup to the saucepan. Whisk together.
- Bring the saucepan to a boil over medium/high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Add maple syrup or honey to taste
- Pour the coconut milk through a fine mesh sieve and into a container, discard spices. Place a lid on the jar of golden milk and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Heat up again to enjoy.